Support the Library
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Six Mile Regional Library District. There are several ways you can help make a difference.
You are welcome to contribute on behalf of yourself or another. Donations help fund materials purchases, technology upgrades, and more.
The Friends of the Library work to increase public awareness of all library services and facilities. The group assists in bringing funds and materials to the Six Mile Regional Library District to use for special needs beyond the command of the library budget.
Want to help out at your library? Excellent! Our volunteens can help out in a few different areas:
- Children’s Programs – You can help onsite at our summer reading programs.
- Computer Assistance – You can help others learn and navigate technology.
- Homework Assistance – You can help children and peers succeed in school.
- Bilingual Opportunities – Can you speak a second language? You could help us help our community.
- Teen Advisory Group (TAG) – You can help improve Teen services at the library. See more about TAG below.
- Friends of the Library (FOL) Book Sale – You can assist the Friends of the Library with their annual book sales.
Have another idea of how you can work with the library? We’d be glad to hear it!
The Volunteen Coordinator will contact you about opportunities in your interest areas. All of the forms and information are available at either library location. Questions? Call 452-6238 extension 755
The Teen Advisory Group (TAG) are volunteens ages 13-17 who want to make the library a better place for teens.
We always welcome new TAG members!
Benefits of Being a TAG member:
- Earn community service or volunteer hours (looks great on a resume or college application)
- Make new friends
- Suggest books, movies, CDs, and other materials for the library
- Plan programs and events that YOU and your friends want
- Be an active part of making the library better for our teen customers
- Special TAG-member only events
TAG meets the 1st Thursday of the Month at alternating library locations.
The mission of the Six Mile Regional Library District Teen Advisory Group (TAG) is to promote and enhance library services for the teens served by the library district by:
- Encouraging use of the library by teens by promoting the library, its services, and activities at school and in the community
- Advising the Teen Services Librarian in material selection and collection development
- Providing input and information to staff on issues of importance to teens
- Planning and participating in teen programs
All TAG members are volunteers and must fill out a volunteer form. Questions? Call 452-6238 extension 755
We accept many types of donated materials, including books, magazines, DVDs and Blu-rays. Some materials may be added to our collection, while many will be sold at the Friends of the Library book sales or book carts.