Coronavirus (COVID-19): SMRLD Guide
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
General Information About Coronaviruses
- Named for the crown-like spikes on the surface of the virus
- Human coronaviruses cause respiratory illnesses.
- Coronaviruses spread person to person through when an infected person coughs or sneezes and someone else breathes those droplets in.
- COVID-19 can cause a respiratory illness that ranges from mild to severe, or even deadly
- Symptoms usually start between 2 to 14 days after infection and can include:
- Shortness of Breath
- There is a test available if you have symptoms and think you might have been exposed to COVID-19
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms please contact the doctor’s office or emergency room BEFORE arriving!
Check back here, as well as our Facebook for updates and more information.
Phases of Returning Library Services
We’re working hard to be able to bring Library services back to 62040! Thank you for your patience while we put practices and equipment in place to allow us to safely serve you.
1. Extended due date to July 6 for all physical items checked out prior to the closure.
2. Material Return Boxes Opening – No Overdue Fees! – June 1st
3. Online and phone ordering of SMRLD materials. Curbside pick-up at Johnson Rd Library only. – June 8th
4. Limited in-person visits to Delmar Ave Library only. – July 7th
Monday, June 1, 2020, Book Drops at Both Locations Reopen
- Please continue to keep items at home that will not fit into the book drops either because the item is too large or because the book drop is full.
- Due dates on all items checked out before closure have been extended to July 6
- When materials are returned they will be quarantined a minimum of 96 hours before being wiped with disinfectant and returned through circulation.
Monday, June 8, 2020, SMRLD Curbside Pickup at 2145 Johnson Road Begins
- Pickup your library materials curbside at 2145 Johnson Road beginning Monday, June 8, 2020!
- Request books through our online catalog or call the library at 618-501-4798 to place your holds. You may check out 5 items per library card. Currently, you may only request materials owned by Six Mile Regional Library District and you must have a SMRLD library card.
- If you live in the 62040 zip code and would like to apply for a library card, please visit www.card.smrld.org.
- Your requests will be filled within 72 hours.The library will call you once your holds are ready to pick up and schedule a time for you to pick up the materials. At your scheduled pick up time, you may park in the Johnson Road parking lot, call us, and we will bring your materials out to our holds table. You may then pick up your materials and enjoy! **Inclement weather may affect the pickup schedule**
- The hours for curbside pick up will be:
- Mon, Fri & Sat 10-2
- Tues-Thurs 3-7
- The hours for curbside pick up will be:
The book returns are open and you may return all your materials to the book returns. While all the fines have been waived during the Stay at Home Order, if you have any other fines or fees you may pay them online by logging into your library account, by mail, or over the phone. If the fines are under $5.00 you may still use all services including checking out materials.
- If you are not sure what title you want, let us browse for you! Our librarians will be happy to find materials for you based on what you like. Just fill out the form below and we will pick out 5 things just for you!
- Questions? Call the library at 618-501-4798
Tuesday, July 7, 2020, at 11:00 AM 2001 Delmar Ave Opens
Visits to the library will be a little different: Face masks must be worn, areas will have capacity limits, furniture and children’s play areas are unavailable, and visits are limited to one hour per day. 2145 Johnson Rd will remain open for curbside pickup only.
- New Hours
Mon, Fri & Sat 9 AM – 6 PM
Tues-Thurs 11 AM – 8 PM
- 9 – 10 AM on Mon, Fri & Sat Reserved for vulnerable populations
- Everyone 3+ years-old must wear a face covering that covers their mouth and nose at all times
- Areas will have capacity limits:
Youth Services (lower level) – 6
Adult Services (main floor) – 14
- Visits need to be 60 minutes or less
- 60 minutes daily time limit for computer use
- One person or family unit per aisle, restroom, and elevator
- 2145 Johnson Rd Curbside Pick-up ONLY
Mon, Fri & Sat 10 AM – 2 PM
Tues-Thurs 3 – 7 PM
- Book drops are open. Please place all books, CDs, and movies in the exterior books drops
- All returned materials are being quarantined for a minimum of 96 hours before being wiped with disinfectant and returned through circulation. These items will remain on your record during this time, but will not be subject to overdue fine
- Monetary donations are always appreciated however, books or other materials are NOT being accepted at this time
SMRLD Digital Resources
If you aren’t able to visit us in person, the library has a wide variety of online resources you can access from wherever you are. Don’t forget to check out Hoopla, Cloud Library, and RB Digital for ebooks, e-audiobooks, magazines, music, tv shows, movies, and more. If you need help downloading any of these apps, visit Streaming Movies, Music, eBooks, eAudiobooks, eComics, & eMagazines or call us at (618) 452-6238 ext. 730 or ext. 755.
You can also manage your library account after hours or remotely! You can renew books, place holds, and more.
What SMRLD is Doing to Help Reduce the Spread of Illness
- While we clean and disinfect both libraries daily, we have increased the frequency. Materials and toys are disinfected as well.
- Hand sanitizing stations are always conveniently placed in both buildings.
- Boxes of tissues are at every service desk; wastebaskets are available throughout the buildings.
- Staff do have paid sick leave and are required to stay home if they are ill.
What Can You Do to Help Reduce the Spread of Illness
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Discard your used tissues immediately.
- Wash your hands often for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and warm water or use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
Important Phone Numbers and Emails
- In Illinois:
- Illinois Coronavirus Hotline: 1-800-889-3931
- Email: [email protected]
- In Missouri
- Missouri Coronavirus Hotline: 877-435-8411
- Email: [email protected]
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University