Archive for June, 2019
Now Accepting Applications
The Six Mile Regional Library District Board of Trustees is seeking candidates to fill a vacancy on our seven-member Board, which sets the library’s tax levy, budget, and library policies. Since 1990, when the library became a district, the board has levied taxes for the purposes of maintaining a library for District residents. The library derived 95% of its operating revenue from property taxes in fiscal year 2019.
Candidates may be selected to be interviewed by the Board. The appointment of the individual chosen starts this summer and runs through April 2021. The position will be up for election during the general consolidated election process in the spring of 2021 to complete the remaining two-year term. At this time, the Board prefers to appoint candidates who seriously consider running for election in 2021.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attend Board meetings (second Tuesday each month, 6:00 PM)
- Preview the agenda, minutes and documents before each meeting
- Participate in discussion and decision making at each meeting
- Commit time outside of meetings for the work of the Board
- Be knowledgeable about the goals, plans, history, and future of the library
- Represent the library at community events, be visible and accessible
- Have a sincere commitment to the purpose and mission of the library
- Be informed about library issues through state and national library organizations
- Be an advocate for the library community
Eligibility and Qualifications:
- Qualified elector/registered voter residing in the library district (62040)
- Relevant professional, volunteer, or board experience
- Knowledge of community interests
The resume/cv provides the following information: schools/degrees attained/year of graduation; present occupation & employer/# of years with this employer (previous if retired); current and past board, civic, and other volunteer/community activities.