We’ve found some local history treasure!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

letter to L.P. Frohardt from the Granite City School BoardLetter to L.P. Frohardt from the Granite City School Board. Dated June 14, 1897.

On letterhead from the St. Louis Stamping Company, which was owned by Granite City founders Frederick G. and William F. Niedringhaus. L.P. Frohardt was Granite City’s first superintendent of schools and Frohardt School bears his name. Also of note, the man listed on the letterhead as treasurer of St. Louis Stamping Company, George W. Niedringhaus, had a school (and our temporary home) named after him, too.

The content of the letter is transcribed on our Six Miles of Local History website history.smrld.org

 

 

2001 Delmar

ClosedToday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

2145 Johnson

ClosedToday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Upcoming Events

  1. Nintendo Switch Gaming

    November 17 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
  2. Story Times

    November 19 @ 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm
  3. StaffQuick Interview at the library

    November 20 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm

Six Mile Regional Library District © 2018. All Rights Reserved. St. Louis Web Design by Clicked Studios.