The Six Mile Regional Library District (SMRLD) is proud to provide high-quality service for all ages. Teen services focuses on providing programs, materials, and research help for ages 12-18. Youth services focuses on children 12 and under. See the Kids page for more information.
Things to Do:
Teen Wii Gaming – Every Saturday at 2001 Delmar Avenue Teen Room from 1-4. Grades 6-12.
Want to help out at your library? Excellent!
Our volunteens can help out in a few different areas:
- Children’s Programs – You can help onsite at our summer reading programs.
- Computer Assistance – You can help others learn and navigate technology.
- Homework Assistance – You can help children and peers succeed in school.
- Bilingual Opportunities – Can you speak a second language? You could help us help our community.
- Teen Advisory Group (TAG) – You can help improve Teen services at the library. See more about TAG below.
- Friends of the Library (FOL) Book Sale – You can assist the Friends of the Library with their annual book sales.
Have another idea of how you can work with the library? We’d be glad to hear it!
The Volunteen Coordinator will contact you about opportunities in your interest areas. All of the forms and information are available at either library location.
Teen Advisory Group (TAG)
We always welcome new TAG members!
Benefits of Being a TAG member:
- Earn community service or volunteer hours (looks great on a resume or college application)
- Make new friends
- Suggest books, movies, CDs, and other materials for the library
- Plan programs and events that YOU and your friends want
- Be an active part of making the library better for our teen customers
- Special TAG-member only events
TAG meets the 1st Thursday of the Month at alternating library locations.
|Johnson Road||Delmar Avenue|
TAG Mission Statement:
The mission of the Six Mile Regional Library District Teen Advisory Group (TAG) is to promote and enhance library services for the teens served by the library district by:
- Encouraging use of the library by teens by promoting the library, its services, and activities at school and in the community
- Advising the Teen Services Librarian in material selection and collection development
- Providing input and information to staff on issues of importance to teens
- Planning and participating in teen programs
All TAG members are volunteers and must fill out a volunteer form.
Teen Digital Library
Find what you need for your next assignment or to ace that test! Find books, audiobooks, comics, and more on our Online Resources Page! Resources are available at home and at the library.
Additional resources are available on our Resources & Services Page.