Loan Periods, Fines, and Fees
With your library card, you have access to thousands of items as well as a wide variety of valuable services. Only you can use your library card. It cannot be used by someone else.
SMRLD is a fine-free library, meaning overdue fines are not assessed on items owned by the library.
To help you maximize the use of your card and understand check-out policies, below is some helpful information regarding materials owned by the Six Mile Regional Library District:
- Books, Kits. Periodicals, and Audiobooks – 3-week loan period with 2 renewals
- DVDs, Music CDs, and Video Games – 2-week loan period with 2 renewals
- Specialty Items and Equipment – 7-day loan period with 1 renewal
You may have a total of 50 items checked out at any one time. Please return items by the due date. However, we understand that sometimes life happens and before you know it, those library items are late. Once an item is overdue for three weeks, a bill for the item will be sent and the cardholder will be responsible for payment unless the item is returned. Cardholders are also responsible for the price of damaged items.
To avoid returning items late, here are a few tips:
- Keep your receipt, it shows your due dates
- Sign up for email or text notifications
- Renew items online or by phone
- Visit the library regularly
- All items can be returned to either Six Mile Regional Library District location except equipment; equipment must be returned to the Delmar Avenue location
- When convenient, use the library book drop in front of the library for books and audiobooks only – return all other items in the building
- Visit www.smrld.org and use “My Account” on the online catalog to view the items checked out on your card and their due dates
You are also able to check out items from other libraries. The rules regarding the length of checkout and amounts (if any) of late and other fees are set by the library owning the materials and may be different from those listed for Six Mile Regional Library District.