Spooky Story Contest
Six Mile Regional Library District 2020 Spooky Story Contest
Welcome to Six Mile Regional Library District’s first Spooky Story Contest! We love supporting local talent and authors and can’t wait to read your stories!
We are accepting entries by authors in the following age ranges:
Winners in each category will receive a $50 Amazon gift card and will have the choice of reading their story or having their story read by a local actor. Winning stories will be published on the library’s website. Stories will be judged based on content, originality, and age-appropriate quality of expression by a panel of library staff. Judging will be done anonymously, and the decisions of the judges are final.
By submitting a story, the author (or their parent/guardian) gives Six Mile Regional Library District permission to print, post, record, or otherwise distribute the story.
- Participants must live in the 62040 zip code.
- All works cannot exceed 2000 words. Minimum word count is 50.
- All work must be original and unpublished.
- Only one story per person.
- Only one author per story.
- Stories must be received by midnight on October 22, 2020.
- Stories must be submitted in either Word or PDF format.
- Do not put your name on the story documents.
- We reserve the right to not present an award.
- Six Mile Regional Library staff and their immediate family are ineligible.
To submit entries, use the Google form (https://forms.gle/nzsCDLvbvm35wv8A7) and send your entry in Word or PDF format as an attachment to [email protected]. Include “Spooky Story” and your work’s title in the subject line.
Six Mile Regional Library District also offers Pressbooks (https://inkie.pressbooks.pub/) that you may use to format your story.