Are you unable to leave home, but would still love to get library books, movies, and more? SMRLD can come to you!
We deliver library materials to:
- Six Mile Regional Library District residents of all ages who are physically unable to visit the library, including the elderly, the disabled, and those who are temporarily incapacitated by illness, accident, or pregnancy.
- We deliver to: homes, apartments, retirement and nursing homes, and hospitals.
- Home delivery can be on a temporary or long-term basis.
To quality for Home Delivery Services:
- Applicant must reside within the Six Mile Regional Library Service District
- Applicant must have or be eligible for a Six Mile Regional Library Card
- Must be physically unable to visit the library
What will we deliver?
- Large print and regular print books, including current best sellers
When are items delivered?
- Items are dropped off and picked up either biweekly or monthly. The Home Delivery Coordinator will create a schedule with you that best fits your needs.
How do I sign up?
- You can call the Six Mile Regional Library District at (618) 452-6238 ext. 731 to speak with the Home Delivery Coordinator. You can also download our Home Delivery Brochure and mail it back to:
Six Mile Regional Library District
Attn: Home Delivery Coordinator
2001 Delmar Ave
Granite City, IL 62040
Our Home Delivery Coordinator will then contact you to set up an appointment to meet. This meeting will allow us to create a program that best fits YOUR needs.
In-Home Technology Training
In addition to providing library materials, SMRLD can provide in-home technology training. Staff can help set up electronic devices such as tablets and e-readers and connect you with our online resources.
Talking Book and Braille Service
The Illinois State Library TBBS provides a free digital audio player and a variety of spoken materials to anyone unable to read standard print material due to a visual or physical disability. Braille materials and Descriptive Video Service films with audio narration are also available.
All materials are sent postage-free through the U.S. Postal Service. Contact the Illinois State Library Talking Book and Braille Service at (800) 665-5576, ext. 1 or visit Illinois State Library TBBS for more information and questions.