Six Mile Regional Library District provides the services of a Notary Public on a walk-in basis at no charge.
Notary Service is available at our downtown location:
Six Mile Regional Library District – Niedringhaus Building
2001 Delmar Avenue
Granite City, IL 62040
It is recommend that anyone needing Notary Service call the library at 618-452-6238 prior to their visit to ensure that a Notary is available at that time.
What to Bring:
- Your completed, unsigned, document(s) to be notarized
- A witness or witnesses, if required by your document
- A valid, unexpired state ID, federal ID, or other government ID with signature and photos. Such as a Driver’s License, State ID card, US Military ID, or US Passport
We Cannot Notarize:
- Documents that are already signed. (Signatures must be witnessed by the Notary Public)
- Documents that are not in English
- Documents with blank spaces other than the space for signature
- We cannot “certify a copy” (e.g., verify that a reproduction of an original document is a true, complete and correct copy of the original).
Other Things to Know:
- Notaries are regulated by Illinois law. We will not notarize documents that do not follow such laws and regulations. Notaries will not prepare or complete documents for you, nor can they give legal advice on a matter.
- In accordance with Illinois law, Notaries will not provide service if the document or circumstances of the request for Notary Service raise any issues of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt, or uncertainty for SMRLD. In this event, the Notary may at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Service.