Building a Job Ready Workforce: Bounce Back from the Pandemic 2022 Grant
Upcoming Job Search Training Sessions
presented by expert, Frank Alaniz
1:30 – 3:30 PM
Job Searching: How to Find a Job – Thursday, March 23rd
Online Job Search Applicant Tracking Systems – Thursday, April 13th
Basics of LinkedIn – Thursday, May 11th
Library Training and Events Room, 2001 Delmar Ave, In person and via Zoom.
Come in person and receive a five minute review of your resume
Registration is required. Please call 618-452-6238 or go to https://forms.gle/MA9ApYySXSxSq9kA6 to register.
Secretary of State and State Librarian Jesse White awarded nearly $6 million in pandemic recovery grants to libraries focused on responding directly to the COVID-19 pandemic by modifying services, transforming spaces and developing resources for their local recovering workforce. Funding 211 academic, school, special and public libraries, all of which received grants ranging from $5,000 to over $1 million. A combination of funding sources provided through the federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA), both from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and state technology funds were used to maximize the statewide impact.
SMRLD is the proud recipient of $50,000 of funding from the Illinois State Library’s (ISL) Bouncing Back from the Pandemic grant.
We look forward to sharing more exciting news with you in the future about what we are able to accomplish through our grant funded project, Building a Job Ready Workforce.
Past Job Search Training Sessions
As a part of our project, Building a Job Ready Workforce, experts, Frank Alaniz and Dawn Mushill have presented a series of job search training sessions.
- June 1, 2022, Job Searching -Where Do I Even Start?
- June 15, 2022, How to Write an Effective Resume (will include time for brief resume reviews)
- August 18 & September 22, 2022, WOWing Potential Employers
- August 24, 2022, Job Searching – Where Do I Even Start?
- August 31, 2022, How to Write an Effective Resume (will include time for brief resume reviews)
- September 7, 2022, Online Job Applications – What Do I Need to Know?
- October 12, 2022, Basics of LinkedIn
- November 16, 2022, How to Find a Job: Advanced LinkedIn
- December 8, 2022, Job Search Expert Q&A with Frank
- January 18, 2023, Job Searching: Where Do I Even Start?
- February 8, 2023, How to Write an Effective Resume
Circulating Job Search Computer Kits
Job Search Toolkit
Available at both locations! Includes a memory card, tips on interviewing, resumes, cover letters and more!
Zenbooth noise-reducing office pod
Zenbooth is a single occupancy space for job interviews and virtual employment meetings. Equipped with a table, chair, and laptop, the 3.5” acoustic walls keep conversations private. The Zenbooth is available for reservations in 2 hour blocks at our 2001 Delmar Avenue location.
Face-to-Face Meeting Space
Learning Express Job and Career Accelerator
Winway Resume Building Software
Tutor.com – https://www.smrld.org/tutor/
Support from Staff
*These materials were developed pursuant to a Library Services and Technology Act grant administered by the Illinois State Library using funds provided by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
You must be logged in to post a comment.