Ancestry® & HeritageQuest® Library Editions
Powered by Ancestry® & HeritageQuest® / Distributed by ProQuest
Ancestry® & HeritageQuest® Library Editions, the largest online family history resources available, provide unprecedented access to family history via documents that record the lineage of individuals from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, and more. Distributed exclusively by ProQuest, they bring the world’s most popular consumer online family history resources to your library. Access to these valuable Premium eResources are only available for free while accessing the internet in the library.
Answers await all users—professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist or historian—inside the thousands of databases of family information. User-friendly search tools and comprehensive indexing make it easy to start discovering personal histories.
MEET THE FAMILY FIRSTHAND …
… with millions of unique, full-text primary sources and enhanced images, including:
- Census records from the U.S., the U.K., Australia,
- and Germany
- Canadian Census (1851-1911)
- Birth, marriage, and death records for the U.S.,
- Canada, and the U.K.
- Canadian Genealogy Index (1600s-1900s)
- U.S. military records (back to the 1600s)
- Canadian military collections
- Drouin Collection of French-Canadian and Quebec historical records (1621-1967)
- Immigration, emigration, passport, and naturalization records
- Jewish family history records
- U.S. and Canadian passenger lists (1865-1935)
- Directories and members lists from the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- Court, land, tax, and probate records
- Freedman’s Bank & Trust register of depositors’ signatures (1861-1875) via HeritageQuest®
In addition to collections from the U.S., Canada, and the U.K., Ancestry Library Edition also features major collections from France, Germany, Sweden, Italy, Australia, and China.
SEE HOW THEY LIVED …
… with additional collections that add context and background to individuals’ stories, such as:
- Biographies and histories, including American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) and WPA Slave Narratives
- Collections that bring together diverse materials on communities of people, such as Jewish Family History
- Photos and maps, ranging from postcards and panoramas to family photos and headstones
RECORD YOUR HISTORY …
… and find others on the same path. Ancestry Library Edition features helpful tools such as charts, summaries, calendars, message boards, and more. Beginners can use the tools and resources in the Learning Center to:
- Begin their family trees
- Get the most out of historical records
- Connect with other researchers
- Find answers to tough research questions
- And more
More advanced users can share their expertise with others by contributing content to the Ancestry.com Family History Wiki, which you can access through the Help tab.
Looking for more family history resources visit our Genealogy page. Interested in learning more about history check out some of our other valuable Premium eResources.
Tags: Ancestors, Ancestry, Family, Family Tree, Genealogy, Heritage, HeritageQuest, History, Local History, Quest
You must be logged in to post a comment.